What Does Success Mean to You?
This week’s guest is Graham Brown. He’ll be on tomorrow at 6AM Pacific Time. I’ll also be releasing a bonus episode that I talked about last week, which is Harlan Hammack and Simon Meadows this Wednesday August 4th at 530am Pacific Time. Episodes are released every Monday and Tuesday at 6am pacific time and Wednesday at 530am pacific time. That’s 3 days a week of content, because I’m hooked on providing you with valuable content.
On the episode with Graham, we talked about owning less stuff, some of the things that hold us back.
- What is the stuff or that need that we keep thinking we need to buy or things we need to have to keep us happy.
- We then got into building a business, why are you building one in the first place? What’s the main reason? Are you building it because you love the game of business?Because you gotta love the game if you want to win. This was a heart to heart conversation with Graham, we touched on a lot of important topics.
- One thing I found was learning from others’ experiences did two things for me: 1. It saved me years and years of pain 2. It allowed me to fast track past any pitfalls up ahead. The key here is to listen, and listen deeply.
We then got into the talk of success, and what that means to you. Graham does a great job explaining what that is for him and what society views it as. Everyone has a different definition and feels qualified to tell you what that is. But what is it really, and what is it for you specifically?
Some of the questions that were answered in this episode were:
- Why do we do the things that we do?
- What are we working for exactly? Is it for that day when you think you’re going to finally retire and travel the world? You may not want to wait until that day and we go over why.
- What does saying no look like? And what does that do for you? Because when you say yes to something, you say no to something else.
- What is the ego and how do we recognize it when it arises? Sometimes it comes on fast and you can’t see it, before it’s too late.
- More importantly, what story are you telling the world?
Finally, what does success really mean?
Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote:
What is success? To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate the beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
This episode was very conversational, insightful and Graham does a great job explaining what all this means. Graham is an author, Ironman finisher, owns a podcast production company and travels the world. He also does a great job calling me out on the end (stay tuned at the end for this pleasant reveal)
Graham Brown on the www.grahamdbrown.com
Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferris
Talking with Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
Join the ValueVerse Community Facebook group to get even more value and information by clicking the link below. Click the link in the show notes to download the free PDF on the 3 things I learned in helping my business partners Dan and David open a business from the ground up. All credit goes to them, and I wouldn’t be where I am without them. These are things I picked up along the way, and I’ll be adding more free content as we go! Please enjoy.
Support the Show
Join the Facebook Group
Follow for even more Value
Web: www.kawankaradaghi.com (email section coming soon) Pardon the dust
What Does Success Mean to You?
Intentional Fulfillment and Manifestation